If you like walking or hiking then you have come to the right place. There are recognised walks that start right at the villa or you can take a short car journey to dozens of others. You can also join a group, they organise short and long walks weekly, a great opportunity to meet people also. The group is friendly and is made up mainly of North Americans, South Africans and Northern Europeans
If you prefer not to be in a group then here are some suggestions:
There are several walking trails near Venda Nova, São Martinho do Porto, Portugal. Some of the popular ones are listed on AllTrails1 and Komoot2. Here are some of the trails that you might be interested in:
- Rota da Baía de São Martinho do Porto: This trail is 8.2 miles long and takes about 3 hours to complete. It explores the entire bay of São Martinho do Porto, which is one of the most beautiful bays in Portugal1.
- Trilho da Encosta do Salgado: This trail is 1.6 miles long and takes about 50 minutes to complete. It is a pleasant trail near the small rural area of Venda Nova along the paths parallel to Praia do Salgado, enjoying beautiful views over the ocean1.
- Trilho da Barreira: This trail is 1.3 miles long and takes about 32 minutes to complete. It is a linear route trail ideal for a pleasant and peaceful walk by the sea, located in the small town of Serra de Mangues1.
- Trilho da Capela Santa Ana is an easy trail that is 3.4 km long and takes about 1 hour and 4 minutes to complete. It is one of the oldest constructions in the county and may have been built in the twelfth century. It was used as a place of prayer and farewell for fishermen, where family members would go to see them leave and arrive1.
- Ciclovia de S. Martinho do Porto is an easy trail that is 5.3 km long. It consists of an extensive wooden walkway, which “flies” over the sand, thus protecting the dunes of the bay of S. Martinho do Porto. The route runs parallel to the sea, connecting the beach of S. Martinho to that of Salir do Porto1.
- Trilho das Pérolas Naturais de Salir do Porto is a moderate trail that is 10.5 km long and takes about 3 hours and 17 minutes to complete. It runs through the small town that lets you discover some of the gems of nature located in Salir do Porto, belonging to the municipality of Caldas da Rainha in the district of Leiria1.
- Trilho da Velha is an easy trail that is 2.4 km long and takes about 34 minutes to complete. It is a linear route along the coast of the district of Leiria, suitable for a walk enjoying the sea breeze to connect with nature and disconnect from your daily routine1.
- Trilho do Beco do Sol Nascente is an easy trail that is 1.5 mi long and takes about 40 minutes to complete1.
- Trilho das Ruínas e Caminho da Gralha is an easy trail that is 1.9 mi long and takes about 44 minutes to complete. The trail is divided into two segments since it starts with the trail of ruins in the first half of its route and in the second it follows the path of Gralha parallel to the beautiful beach of Gralha, well-known naturist beach located to the south of Nazaré, next to S. Martinho from Porto1.
- One of the most popular walking trails near Nazaré is the Caminho Pedonal da Praia da Nazaré. This is a linear route trail that can be used by more or less experienced people to practice various outdoor leisure activities such as walking, running or cycling2. Along this short route, the port and the beautiful beach of Nazaré stand out, which is one of the most important surf spots in the country, known for its giant waves that usually occur on stormy winter days and becoming a calmer place for bathers in the summer2.